Vision system (Tile Quality Control, TQC) for difficult environments with Firewire cameras and audio analysis. The system is used for inspection/quality control in roof tile production, both in 2D and 3D. The size of the tiles is checked, and defects in the surface and edges are detected by cameras, where micrometre-thin cracks are revealed. Additionally noise analysis is used for detecting hidden cracks inside the tile.
The software is written in C++ using DirectShow and Microsoft Visual Studio.
The hardware consists of a PC with I/O-cards and external PLC and photoelectric sensors, and is built with Bosch Rexroth strut profiles around the conveyor belt.
The system is fully parameter-controlled and stores the statistics. The user can choose to save images and sound recordings for a follow-up. The system has a variety of custom variants delivered to the Swedish and Danish tileworks for different kinds of clay and concrete tiles.
Read more about the TQC system below.
Tile Quality Control (TQC)
What is it?
It is an advanced Quality Control system developed by BitSim NOW to inspect defects in roof tiles.
• Easy to integrate in a production line
• Fully customizable
How does it work?
• A set of cameras does surface and 3D analysis
• The sound control system analyzes the tile resonance
• A specific software based in our Automatic Vision Test platform (AVT) processes and analyzes the data
• The collected data is then stored for statistical analysis
How can it help you?
• It improves the quality. Tiles outside the tolerances are automatically removed from the production line
• It is faster than visual inspection (more than 1 tile/sec)
• It is less expensive than visual inspection. A return of investment within a period 2 – 5 years is expected, depending on the particularities of your company
• It releases people from tedious work (visual inspection) so they can be re-assigned to tasks where they can add value to the process
• It collects data for statistical analysis of the process
“No one can compete with a robot doing a robot’s job. People will be happier doing tasks where they can make the difference.”
What defects does it detect?
• Dimensional defects. Thanks to the 3D analysis it is also possible to detect bending and torsion defects
• Other surface and internal defects